- updated Nov 9, 2020
The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver is recommending that anyone looking to buy or sell a home in today’s environment, contact their REALTOR® to discuss current conditions and COVID-19 preparedness.
Effective Nov 7, 2020, open houses have been disabled in our systems.
'OPEN BY APPOINTMENT' or regular appointments will continue at this time, although some sellers are choosing to hold off on any/all showings.
As the numbers of cases of COVID-19 continue to rise in BC, real estate professionals continue to exercise caution and ensure they follow orders from the Public Health Officer when providing real estate services. These include but are not limited to using technology to pre-screen buyers and requiring that attendees wear masks and other PPE when appropriate, keeping six feet apart at all times.
Safety practices focus on limiting attendance to serious buyers only, documenting attendance and employing enhanced cleaning and hygiene practices. Here are some examples of what REALTORs® may require before permitting entry into a property:
- Parties to sign a COVID-19 liability waiver and a declaration that you are feeling well/not traveled recently
- Mandatory masks and hand sanitizer upon entry
- Buyers to be working with a REALTOR® and to be pre-approved for a mortgage
- Buyers to have already listed or sold their homes
- Buyers to have driven by the property/used google Streetview, reviewed all strata/housing documentation, viewed all photos, Matterports/floor plans, and virtual tours in advance
- Flexibility of schedules as some viewings are at select days/times only, particularly when tenanted
Whether you are buying or selling, I’m happy to help you navigate the waters through these interesting times. Feel free to get in touch.
Stay Safe, Kerri